Blog Archive
RSS icon Email icon Home icon
  • One for the carelessness hall of fame

    Posted on February 17th, 2009 Jeff Keller 1 comment

    I own a small kitchen scale that I use for weighing some of my meals (for diet purposes). It often sits on my stove, which is one of those flat glass electric models. Today I wanted to make some soup, so I put the pot on the stove and turned on the burner. The wrong burner. I was in the other room when I smelled something funny, and I went into the kitchen to see toxic smoke everywhere and the scale melting on the stovetop. The scale is toast, and I’m hoping that the stove can be cleaned up. Stupid.

     

    1 responses to “One for the carelessness hall of fame” RSS icon

    • I did the same thing except I placed a plastic microwave food cover on a stove before turning on the wrong electric coil. I didn’t catch it until it melted all over the coil and burst into flames. Yet to me the scariest part of it all was the horrible noise of the smoke detector.